[spoiler title="About HDScores" closed="1" style="1"] 10. HDScores was founded by Matthew on January 21st, 2012. He wouldn’t shut up about the idea to Will for 3 days before Will joined in.
9. HDScores was chosen as the name because the domain and twitter username was available. (it stands for Health Department Scores)
8. HDScores has a amazing twitter following, we have attracted 40,000 twitter followers in 120 days.
7. HDScores has a population within jurisdictions we currently have access to data encompassing about 250,000,000 people.
6. HDScores currently has access to the data of the 54% for all Jurisdictions in North America (US & Canada).
5. HDScores will never allow anyone to pay us to have a Health Inspection Score Removed from the Site.
4. HDScores is developing an automated filter to keep the Health Department Inspection scores as up to date and accurate as possible.
3. HDScores is creating the largest database of Health Department Inspections Scores in the US… if not World.
2. HDScores respects an establishments right to privacy while balancing transparency and open data society.
1. We all believe HDScores a platform that will increase transparency in food safety and create a better food service industry.[/spoiler]
[spoiler title="About our Team" closed="1" style="1"]
8. Co-Founders (Matthew and Will) have been best friends for over 12 years.
7. 2 of our Founding Members are Avid Motorcyclists.
6. Co-Founder (Will) has a chocolate lab named “Bueller”, that thinks he is a lap dog.
5. All but one, of HDScores Founding Members were found viawell written craigslist ads.
4. Founder/CEO (Matthew) has 2 Associates of Applied Science Degrees in Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts from Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC and canmake an amazing grilled cheese sandwich…
3. HDScores applied to Techstars Business Accelerator
2. All of our Founding Members have been involved in Start ups or Small Businesses before joining HDScores.
1. CFO (Sanford) negotiated the sale of JAVA to Sun Micro Systems…